Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

Using my Stampin' Up stash to make a coordinated birthday gift set

It was my darling daughter's birthday the weekend before last - and her first one away from home. I wrapped her little gifts with a great deal of love and care - and of course my Stampin' Up craft supplies helped me to match everything. Come and see:


My daughter is at Manchester University and, since the symbol of Manchester is the bee, I chose that as my theme using the bee from the retired Natures Walk stamp set. The card is a simple design that relies on its bold yellow and black colour scheme for effect. The sentiment is from the oh so useful Amazing Birthday stamp set and I used the Simply Scored tool to create a frame for the panel to sit in.


As a student, my daughter is naturally impoverished now so we gave her some money to help out. Stampin' Up's gift card framelits die is brilliant for dressing up money as well as gift cards. The papers are from the tone-on-tone Designer Paper Stacks - these come in every single Stampin' Up colour and are so useful!


Regular readers of my blog may recognise this little treat box. It holds two mini bars of delicious Green & Blacks chocolate - yes, my daughter is as much of a fan as I am! You'll find my video tutorial here.


I popped up to Manchester last week to visit my daughter and deliver her gifts in person. Being on the west side of England, it does sometimes rain in Manchester (!) so I thought a bright plant would cheer things up in her room (and these Kalanchoes are indestructible just in case she should forget to look after it!)

GET THE BLACK & YELLOW LOOK NOW!
(Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!) 


My shop is open 24/7 so you can buy Stampin' Up products from me any time, day or night.
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

When I gave my daughter her card I wondered if she'd get the Manchester connection. "Do you know why there are bees all over the card?" I asked. She giggled. "Because... bees!" she said.

Life has got rather challenging for me all of a sudden. Not only am I looking after our adorable little Golden Retriever puppy Eva but my beloved Apple Mac has died a death and is having to be examined by the lads at the Apple Store. Honestly - life! Am I right?!

See you tomorrow (hopefully!)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely gift (so useful) and the flowers are lovely. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable gift wrap xxx Hope your daughter enjoyed her birthday and that the indestructible plant is surviving! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and I love the co ordinating gift wrap too. I hope the Apple Mac is soon restored I'd hate to be without mine.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky
    Love the Bee card.... And all the other makes fabulous as usual...
    Hugs Sylvie xx
    Think my SU stuff has come?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha - I bet I could kill that plant - did you know plants shrink away from me in fear when I walk past them?!!
    Love the card - those bees are one of my favourites too - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she enjoyed her birthday and her gifts. I love the little box you made and the "bee" connection on her card. I'm like Jacqueline above. I once killed a plastic plant by setting it on the radiator and it got too hot and melted! Plants are not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful makes Vicky love how it all coordinates even down to the plant!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and gift, as always. I have to admit despite living only 20 miles from Manchester I didn't know their emblem is the bee, so thanks for the lesson! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)