Pages

Thursday 16 October 2014

For All Things - Stampin' Up Artisan blog hop

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another round of inspiration from the Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team! I am working with some very talented ladies on this team and their ideas take my breath away week after week, so do make sure you hop all around the world to see what they've been up to won't you.

STAMP A STACK!
When I first saw Stampin' Up autumn/winter catalogue, I instantly fell in love with the stamp set I'm using today - For All Things. This set is definitely an all-the-year-rounder and makes a great companion set to Gorgeous Grunge. Come and see:


My colour palette of Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist and Early Espresso gives this bundle of cards an autumnal feel but the leaves would also look lovely stamped in green and teamed with flowers for spring or summer.

STAMPING AND KISSING!
For the first card I used the Kissing Technique. No! my husband didn't wander in while I was making this card - it's a stamping term to describe two stamps being pressed together!


In this case, I inked up both the large leaf from For All Things and the 'speckled' image from Gorgeous Grunge and 'kissed' them together. The acorns add a bit of depth to the design - I LOVE these acorns!

MASKED STAMPING!
And I was very well behaved in the making of my second card too!


First I stamped the bunch of leaves over the watercolour background image, then I made a mask by cutting a hole in a sheet of scrap paper, held it over the stamped image and added Gorgeous Grunge speckles.


See how the two sets go so well together? This little detail made me very happy! For a bit of golden sparkle I added some sequins too, pulled off the Gold Sequin trim.

STAMPING OFF THE EDGE
The third card shows how you can use that bunch of leaves image in a different way by stamping off the edge of the panel.


I added those fabulous acorns and speckles again but you can see that this card is much more delicate-looking than the first with the large leaves.


All three cards and envelopes were bundled together with a band made of burlap ribbon tied up with Venetian lace trim. Wouldn't this be great as an informal napkin ring for a bonfire night or thanksgiving dinner?!

I hope you've been inspired by my autumnal bundle of cards. Now it's time to hop on over to Allison Okamitsu to see what fabulousness she has to show you! Click the button below:



BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE MY BUNDLE OF CARDS NOW!
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my online shop) 
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Tuppence is in a strop because The Suitcase has made an appearance in the hall. This is often the precursor to being bundled into The Cat Carrier - but not this time. This time the menfolk will remain at home to serve their feline mistress while I jaunt off to the annual European Stampin' Up convention in Brussels today! I'm afraid the rainbrella is at the ready - but nothing can dampen the enthusiasm of a whole bunch of Stampin' Up demonstrators, all getting together for fun and jollies! Has Brussels been warned?!

See you soon,

21 comments:

  1. Vicky, these are just SO pretty! Beautiful photography as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your design style, Vicky. I chose one of your cards for my "One Stop, Blog Hop" blog feature this week. Thank you for sharing your lovely work. These fall cards are gorgeous and the packaging, divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Vicky.

    Hope you have a fabulous trip!

    Ann
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection of cards Vicky, great colours and designs...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Brussels HAS been warned!

    I just know you'll have an absolutely FANTASTIC time.

    Love all three cards. All so different. In my book, Gorgeous Grunge goes with EVERYTHING . . . such a versatile set!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Vicky, fabulous stamping:-)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these cards Vicky they are so pretty and tied up like that would make a lovely gift
    I'm patiently (erm well maybe not so pitiently) waiting for my delivery lol
    Have a good day
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clean simplicity of all three cards, Vicky! I'm especially attracted to the colors and stamping off the edge of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Vicky! I may be casing for my upcoming class. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicky

    Beautiful cards, they are so pretty. especially the Autum colours. Wonderful designs so simple but perfect.

    Enjoy Brussels.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous, as always. I know you're having so much fun with the girls in Brussels right now and I'm wishing I was there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really, really lovely! I love the leaves with the splotches from Gorgeous Grunge - it gives them a fun definition. I also really like your second card. All of them have such a wonderful artsy, earthy feel. Just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! I love the belly band packaging too! Perfect touch with the lace ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my, these are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GREAT tip about the speckle stamp.. love it!! going to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, ingenious as ever.

    Have a wonderful time on your "jolly"

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so pretty, Vicky. I love the CAS/Vintage look you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see why you were chosen for the team. These cards are lovely. I love the fall colors and how you combined with the grunge. My favorite is the lace on the burlap. That ties it all together (literally).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)