Pages

Tuesday 24 April 2012

21st birthday charm card

My weekends have been so busy lately I've not been able to make a card for the excellent Less is More challenge until the week begins! Anyway here I am, late but enthusiastic, with an entry for this week's theme which is Charms:


I suspended my charm from a branch on the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder with a needle and thread and then embellished with a little bakers twine in Calypso Coral. I've always loved the idea of keys for a coming of age card - they symbolise the unlocking of the door into the adult world. I've made a 21st birthday card although in reality, in the UK, 18 seems to be the age that most legal changes happen (you can get married without permission, vote, make legal contracts, purchase alcohol, fireworks, a crossbow - yes really! A crossbow!)


Here's a close up of my key. It's one of a range of charms from the spring mini catalogue (pages 7-8) which not only make fantastic card embellishments but also look wonderful with the customisable jewellery - as in this picture from Stampin' Up:


Aren't they absolutely gorgeous?! They come in elegant brown boxes and make unique gifts but sadly they won't be available after the end of this month so do get in touch soon if you'd like any of them won't you.


I put together this 21st birthday sentiment using my stamp-a-majig and two sentiment stamps - the 'st' was actually taken from the word Christmas! The numbers are die cut using my Timeless Type medium sizzlit dies.

Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Happiest birthday Wishes (hostess set), Petite Pairs (for the 'st')
Ink: Basic Grey
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral
Other: Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, Itty Bitty punch pack, corner rounder, bakers twine in Calypso Coral, Timeless Type junior alphabet dies, Basic Pearls, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. And don't forget to add a free pack of designer paper if your order is £45 or more (Offer limited to one pack per qualifying order - click here for details).

I don't know about you but we get inundated with those overseas sales calls. I got one last night where the guy, who spoke English with a pronounced accent, introduced himself as Harry. "Oh hi Harry," I said. "This isn't a very convenient time to call actually because I'm cooking dinner for my family. Thanks for calling though," I added as I replaced the receiver. "Who was that?" my daughter asked, laughing. "Harry Potter?" I shook my head. "No it was Harry Styles," I said with a straight face. The children all giggled but my husband, who has never even heard of One Direction, said "Who's Harry Styles?"

I'll be back tomorrow to show you a gift set I made for my lovely sister. I hope you can join me!

Hugs,

45 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Vicky. I love your embossing across the corner. Those tiny flowers and the key are so lovely, and I really like how you stamped yor sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to show off a charm, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my all-time favorite embossing folders. And I love the addition of the little flowers with pearl centers not to mention the pop of color with the "21."

    Incidentally, I think I would have preferred a call from Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is absolutely beautiful, Vicky! So delicate. I love the addition of the Itty Bitty punched flowers, to the embossed panel; very clever. The Calypso Coral accents are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely embossing - nice, clean looking card - very effective, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do those calls always come at mealtimes... they drive me daft!
    This is gorgeous... so clean and fresh and you have embellished the embossing folder beautifully with the little punchies.
    Just fab... yet again.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card Vicky, so lovely
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Vicky, lovely embossing folder and sweet charm

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card really stood out in the photo on my reading list and I couldn't wait to have a closer look. It's absolutely lovely. (I'm off to find out why I didn't get a crossbow for my 21st birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many wonderful elements to you CAS card! Love the added flowers to your embossing folder. The key is perfect for a 21st and I love the positioning of the sentiment.

    I'm with your husband and wouldn't know who Harry Styles was either but I did find out at the weekend that a fan is a Directioner??!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious and beautiful charm, I love

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful and elegant card Vicky, love how you've done the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is delightful Vicky ! I love white on white but would never have thought of adding coral as an accent colour - it works so well ! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous card and a lovely embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Vicky! You always come up with some brilliant combinations of sentiments for your cards ~ where would we be without the stamp-a-majig! I love the added flowers to the embossing :) Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card and I love the way you have done the sentiment, so clever.
    As for the nuisance calls you need to get Caller Display it save so much hassle.
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is a really great idea for using a charm! Tying it to the branch really makes it part of the card too.
    If Harry Styles does ever call, be sure to let us know ;-)
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! The embossing, the twine, the clever combination of sentiments..... you never cease to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderfull card.
    I love it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. The way you have made the embossed white flowers is brilliant. Thanks for your comment on my blog :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect coming of age card, love the twine on the key!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely elegant card and that's a grat idea for making the 'st' had been wondering how you did it!so thank you for explaining x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful LIM card Vicky,Love how you attached the charm and a great embossed image!
    Fancy your children thinking that Harry Potter would ring their house LOL Dad's are just so out of date LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Vicky love all the little flowers that embellish the embossing:)Those calls are annoying aren't they if Jim answers the phone he either rabbits on at them in gaelic or asks if they have a car and pretends to sell insurance!! That's an Irishman for you:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the extra little flowers you added to the embossing. That extra dimension really makes this card stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a really beautiful card - as ever! M x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the embossing style, must try this and the flowers are beautiful, all in all Vicky a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Vicky, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love everything about this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this - the way you added extra flowers to the embossing folder, the subtle bling - and the die cut numbers. What a great card!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Superb card Vciky
    Love the simple styling
    LOVE the Harry story hehe
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  31. * So sorry about the spelling of your name
    Vicky! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh you've gone and spoilt it now by showing me my birthday card!!!... yeah right pull the other one *wink* :0)
    Seriously this is gorgeous Vicky, we both had the key idea. Love your list of "can do's" for 18... yes I think the symbolic key for 21 is a little out-dated now!!
    Handy to know about the crossbow though :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous ! What a super stylish and elegant card and that key was the perfect addition and loved how you suspended it.

    Marie
    Am off to catch my plane and open up all of my lovely SU Goodies !!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OH MY WORD. I LOVE this!!! I don't use Calypso Coral enough--but this totally inspires me to get it out and pair it with just white! Amazing, Vicky!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card Vicky, I adore it!...great charms too...alas I have so many already....not looking....not looking......trying not to look lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. A beatufiul and stunning card Vicky. I love the embossing folder especially what you have used it for.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is gorgeous, Vicky! Love that embossing folder and the touch of colour from the number and the twine.

    Even in Bermuda I know who Harry Styles is. Better buy your hubby some magazines to catch him up on the latest stars!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi vicky
    Stunning 21st card ... Love The embossing folder ....
    Hugs Sylvie
    Still gorgeous weather here 22degs ..... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi vicky
    Stunning 21st card ... Love The embossing folder ....
    Hugs Sylvie
    Still gorgeous weather here 22degs ..... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous card Vicky. I love the added flowers to your embossing.
    Those calls are such a pain, I`m so glad it`s not only the only one being bombarded.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. ....beautiful card! Perfect design.

    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow gorgeous card, the charms are fantastic and your design sets the key off to perfection....and what a brilliant idea to use the "st"...will be checking out my Christmas stamps next time....so clever.
    Diane
    And thanks for the other tip.....at least I know I am old enough to buy a crossbow!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the little key charm. The way you arranged the sentiment looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely card. The embossing is so pretty and the charm looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Vicky

    Oooh lovely card that embossing folder is gorgeous and love how you've done the wording too.

    Tina
    XX

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)